Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Aurasma iRead Bulletin Board

Have you tried Aurasma? I LOVE this app!  I've been reading about the Aurasma app for a while.  There are several great posts on the web with tutorials on how to setup an account and create an aura.  I found the Two Guys and Some iPads and Kleinspiration websites to be very helpful with step by step guides, video clips, and ideas to use this app in your classroom.  

One of my favorite ways I used this app in my classroom was with my reading bulletin board.  I took pictures of my students with their favorite books.  Then I recorded a short video of each student explaining what he or she loved about his or her book.  I used the Aurasma app to link each video clip with the photos.  The class enjoyed seeing our bulletin board come to life as we all talked about our favorite books.
I posted this sign with any of our class bulletin boards that could be brought to life with the Aurasma app. 
I created this direction page to explain how others in the school or parents could download the app and follow our channel to see our Auras.

1 comment:

  1. I have been wanting to do more with Aurasma, but haven't quite figured it all out yet. What did you use to record a short video of each student explaining what he or she loved about his or her book & then not sure how to use the Aurasma app to link each video clip with the photos. Can you email me bc this is great stuff and I'd really like to learn how to do this? Thanks, Jackie
    jmcmanam@w-sioux.k12.ia.us

    ReplyDelete