Saturday, October 19, 2013

Showbie App

At my school, we have one iPad cart to share with all the classrooms.  So, figuring out how to get student work off the iPads became a top priority very quickly.  I had read several posts around the web about student workflow but most were for a 1:1 setting.  After asking a few people, Kristi Meeuwse had recommended looking into the Showbie app.  She has blogged about this app several times on her website iTeach with iPads.  Since she uses it with ease in her Kindergarten class, I thought it might be a good solution for our primary school.

The Showbie app is a free app that allows you to collect, review, and annotate student work.  The teacher can access the work submitted by the students on the iPad or on the Showbie website.  This app allows the students using the iPads to login and out as themselves, so we are able to use it with our shared cart in the school.  Students do not have to have an email address to setup their own account.  I have now been using this app with my first graders since August.  I have found it to be very easy to use with my young learners.

I created some step by step directions for getting started with this app for the faculty at my school.  Click the document to grab your own copy.

Page 1 - 1st time teacher setup of class
Page 2 - 1st time student setup for login
Page 3 - How to create an assignment
Page 4/5 - How student submits an assignment & logs out of the app

1 comment: